Posted on 17/06/2019 19:26
5 tips to ACE your Video Application
We all know how to do a cover letter, and understand how annoying the process of writing one is. Thankfully, there is a new way to get a job- through a video application!
The good news is that video applications are personalized, fast, and fun to do, but you’ve got to know how to ace your video pitch and make it stand out. HEROES JOBS is here to walk you through it step by step and our team will connect you to the recruiting managers of your favorite brands.
1. LET US HEAR AND SEE YOU.First things first: before you start recording your video, make sure you have good lightening. It definitely plays a key role in making your video look more professional; and when applying for a job, that is a great first impression to give. Pro Tip: Record yourself in front of a light source!
Filming outside is great, but ensure you don’t have too many distractions or background noise. Make sure you watch your video after recording to make sure you can hear what you say clearly!
2. ENUNCIATE, AND SHOW US YOUR PERSONALITY.It's completely normal to feel nervous, but remember, you're talking about what you know best: yourself. Before recording, take some time to think! What is your superpower, and what sets you apart? What do you think the recruiter wants to hear? What does the company stand for? Some people find it helpful to write down their thoughts, but make sure you're not directly reading from it- we can tell! Speak confidently, loudly, and clearly. Remember, you only have 1 minute! Try to say as much as you can without rushing.
3. GET IDEAS FROM OUR EXAMPLES.It might seem a little stressful and weird to record your application for the first time, but don’t worry, you're not alone! We have many useful examples that will help you record the best video on the app.
After you’ve done all the prep and recording, rewatch your video to see if you’ve said everything you wanted the recruiter to know about you. Check the light and sound as well!
4. DRESS TO IMPRESS: SHOW US YOUR STYLE.It's definitely tempting to stay in our PJs. However, it is important to dress like it is a real onsite interview. As the video will be your first interaction with the recruiter, you want to leave a good first impression. There's no need to wear a suit or black dress- but be yourself, and look put together.
5. SMILE!Show us your enthusiasm and energy. Act natural, and show that you’re confident in what you’re talking about. Make sure to smile! Be positive and be yourself.
Happy video making! We can’t wait to see what you come up with.